Thursday, June 9, 2011

Don't Put it Down, Put it AWAY!

Todays title has been my mantra....it only takes three weeks to break or form a habit, right?! This is a HUGE lifestyle change for me....I've also added, "Don't walk past it". Its going really well and I feel super good about it.


I actually completed my next task before I even knew I was supposed to! Thats awesome. I was supposed to make a list of three friends or family members that I could discuss my progress and problem areas with....and, well, thats you all. So, thanks!! :)


Next is to write a list of three things I would LOVE to have more time for...you know, if the "have-to's" are taken care of.


#1. Spend more time PLAYING with and DISCOVERING with my children. Projects, goof-offs, trips, learning, research, etc...


#2. Reading. Both recreationally and devotionally. I LOVE to do both and have zero time or energy for either.


#3. This was a tie....I was going to try to choose but I can't. SO, 3a is Scrapbooking. Digitally or on paper, it doesn't matter to me. To document all the fun things I would do with my kids! And 3b is couponing, theres nothing more fun than clipping, organizing, and finding great deals with them! I love when ALL my stacks are clipped and in their proper place. Plus, I'm working on a birthday project related to couponing, that needs to get done!!


So, those are my three goals to have time for. My three motivators.


UPDATE:
I super appreciate everyones suggestions on my calendar issues. I purchased a "Moms Plan-It" calendar today. I've used one before with pretty decent success but haven't purchased one for the past couple of years. It is already posted on the fridge and labeled with each persons name and has all the events I could think of on it. Including when paperwork and payments are due! :) That makes me happy. I will also be retrieving my birthday calendar from the basement and hanging it right next to it! Also, I have entered a daily reminder into my phone calendar to coordinate my purse calendar and my fridge calendar and any other calendars that need to be on our central one. It takes three weeks to establish a new **healthy** habit. (:


Another great task I accomplished was getting my jewelry box organized. My mom brought over an old tack board and inspiration hit. I hung it behind my bedroom door and untangled ALL my necklaces and hung them up in an orderly fashion. It should be super simple to maintain, seeing as how all I have to do is rehang it where it was when I'm done.


This road to organization is an exciting one. I can't wait until the whole house is in order.


A side benefit of mindfully not wasting time is that I got our angle bay windows trim and window seat painted yesterday!! Something I've wanted to do for the last FIVE YEARS! Awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment