Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day, Marked off the Calendar

My handsome 7th grader. I can hardly believe that he will be a teenager this year. I am also super thankful, once again, for our kids' amazing school that is allowing us to keep him home on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. For the record, he is ALREADY finished with today's goals. And its 10 am. He was already working when I got back from taking the other kids to school. That makes a Moms heart super proud. Now, to figure out which literature book to start with. And let him in on that he will be doing a daily journal entry. :)




Is she too fabulous for words or what?! LOL!


My pretty little third grader. She was SO MAD that she had to wear a plaid skirt today. Oh well, the new ones will be here Monday. She will probably survive. Most likely, anyways. Probably might be too optimistic.






Aw, I love this angle on her. She looks like her mother. ;)






J of course needed to get in on the action. This is after school and the heat of PE class really brought out her freckles that she gathered this summer. I think Mo and I really hit an integral time in our relationship development this summer. She had a LOT of attitude (and by a lot I mean enough to fill the grand canyon!) but she also became my little shadow, going everywhere with me. She often used the excuse that she didn't want to stay with "grumpy daddy" but I think she really wanted to be with me. I love it. Since she is my only daughter and all!



J, but ONLY because he is so blasted cute. Not that I am biased but WOWZA! He was trying desperately to get into the garage. I am pretty sure he was bored to tears without the older kids yesterday and today he seems like he doesn't know what to do with himself!



This morning was Special Agent Ms first day of preschool (2nd year though). Here he is, flashing a gang sign of some sort I assume. Its a secret first day of preschool gang I guess. He was too nervous/excited to eat breakfast and barely drank his coveted chocolate milk with syrup.



Can you read the expression of love on his face? I can, and it says, "WHAT IS SHE DOING?!"



Heading into school with his lunch, his backpack, and his Mickey Mouse Blankie. He was beyond ready. He bailed out of the car and was running into the school. He could hardly wait for everyone else to get out of the van!
"This is my Special Agent M hook, Mommy"


Now, as I have time for my delicious breakfast and coffee (which J ate and drank most of, he is destined to love coffee), and time for REAL Facebook, not phone Facebook, and a chance to get back into blogging, time for housework, and sewing....I am wishing that I DIDN'T have time!! I have really love having the kids home this summer. We spent lots of time outside and at the pools and lake! It was a blast and it went by WAY TOO QUICKLY!


PS Just because I have TIME for housework, it doesn't necessarily mean I will actually DO any housework. :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment