Thursday, March 10, 2011

Learning to Save Money

I am currently on a quest to learn to spend less money on groceries. Wal-Mart, IGA, and CVS do not DESERVE my husbands hard earned money! We deserve to keep it and I am now committed to KEEPING as much of it as possible. My good friend Christy has been s-l-o-w-l-y teaching me to use coupons and she is teaching a class next week that I cannot wait to attend. But I'm looking for ways to make healthier AND cheaper choices for myself, my husband, and my kids. So today I decided to make "Nesquik" at home. Its ridiculously expensive and full of nasty additives. So I did some Google work. This is what I came up with and its just as good! Plus theres only THREE ingredients!

Homemade Chocolate Milk Powder

1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
2/3 cup sugar (you could use a substitute, Id be willing to bet)
Pinch of salt

Mix well and add to milk as desired. Easy peezey lemon squeezy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Very good! I try to use as little "processed junk" as possible! Cheaper and sooo much better for us! Keep the ideas coming!!! Please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CVS can be a great resource for saving money, actually. If you do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie is right. It takes a little getting use and at first you might have to spend a little to get started but it is worth it in the end. I can testify to that myself :)

    ReplyDelete